Follow me on Facebook!

Monday, October 15, 2012

Turkey Muffins

In preparation for upcoming photoshoots and fashion shows, I decided to alter my eating and become more strict with my meals.  Therefor, I decided to make fitness model (and my personal role model) Jamie Eason's Turkey Meatloaf Muffins (click for her recipe) which I found on one of my favorite websites, Bodybuilding.com.

This is a picture from my first time making her exact recipe!
*Tip*
I like my food caliente, but if you are not into fiery foods (or can't stomach spice).
I recommend cutting down on the chipotle pepper because they are pretty spicy!

Turkey Muffins make the perfect grab and go snack!

When I went to go make my turkey muffins for the week last night, I realized I did not have all of the same ingredients, but, I made it work!  So this is my recipe below.

Ingredients:
  • 2 lbs lean ground turkey
  • 1/2 cup egg whites
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1 tsp Mrs. Dash Original
  • 1 tsp Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb
  • 1 tsp Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy
  • 2 tsp yellow mustard
  • 2 tsp black pepper
  • 2 tsp garlic 
  • 2 celery stalks (chopped)
  


Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Spray muffin pan with olive oil.
  3. Mix all your ingredients together in one large bowl.
  4. Roll the mixture into balls and place in muffin pan. Muffins should be about the size of a racquetball.
  5. Bake for 50 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins.

Serving Size:
Women: 2 muffins
Men: 4 muffins


Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment